Clean Energy Manufacturing InitiativeExplore more
Independence Energy Company recently contracted with Jensen Holdings , LLC., for the purchase of their 110,000 sq. ft. manufacturing facility, located in Thurston, NE. This modern structure originated in 1979 and has had 4 additions through the years with the latest being in 2012. The building features high side walls suitable for vertical storage and overhead cranes already in place. For more information on our manufacturing capabilities, please see the additional links.
Our in-house team of design and manufacturing engineers are the heart of our manufacturing operation. Through a system of continuous improvement processes, they work diligently to ensure that products are manufactured to the highest standards. They are constantly working to improve operational efficiencies and employ 3D design software to guarantee fit, form, and function. Before any part or product is manufactured, it is placed through a Finite Element Analysis (FEA) to help ensure it can withstand the rigors of continuous operation under predefined constraints and conditions.
Capabilities and Equipment
Currently on site there are 11 CNC production machines, including 3 robotic welders. Numerous ancillary fabrication equipment items compliment the forklift array and the dozens of welders. The facility is capable of producing an estimated $300M in product shipments annually.
- The foundation of our fabrication department is centered around two Peddinghaus Machines with the capability of cutting and punching an innumerable amount of parts from bar stock or plate. An 8' x 42' Hornet high definition plasma cutter for sheet metal and automated saws for metal tubing round out our current capabilities. CNC vertical machining technology and several other manually operated drills and presses also contribute to our fabrication efforts.
- Fabricated parts are governed by a quality control process where first part, last part, and a defined number during the run are checked for accuracy.
- Our welding department is led by foremen who have years of experience combining piece parts into weldment structures, forming the platform for IEC products. Numerous jigs are employed to ensure that each piece is precisely tacked, providing accuracy and strength. All parts, large and small, are placed in rotators, guaranteeing quality horizontal welds in ergonomically sound work stations.
- For custom designed aspects, we have precision layout tables which allow us to accurately manufacture parts and pieces that may be unique to customers' individual specifications. It also is integral in the production of precise jigs and fixtures for the production process.
- Three robotic welders are also used on higher volume parts, or for those that require high precision or out of position welding. Robots ensure that the highest quality standards are met in the welding process.
- Paint Capacities - Our paint line features a 1500' overhead CNC chain conveyor which passes product through a large automated shot blaster, then into a 20' x 60' wet paint booth suitable for coating the products with a quality, high temperature-resistant paint. This equipment allows us to produce an unsurpassed finish that protects our products against the rigors of weather and wear.
Assembly Packing and Shipping
- Once our products are produced and painted, our assembly and shipping departments ensure that each sub-assembly is properly assembled, packaged and shipped so they can be unloaded without damage and prepared for final assembly at the destination.
- The Assembly and Shipping teams have decades of experience sending products to their final destinations, both domestically and internationally, to ensure performance expectations and customer satisfaction.